April 4, 2012

I made a notebook!


As an experiment - after watching many Youtube videos - I decided to make a notebook.  I just used what I had on hand.  Printer paper, silk thread, woven cord, cardboard from a cracker box, scraps of fabric, glue and mod podge.  Most of these items are not exactly what is called for in the instructions so it probably won't last long.  Anyway, halfway through, Gideon decided he wanted it.  He seems to think that if he wants whatever it is I'm working on, then it must magically be finished - right away!  The sweater he is wearing is an example of me giving in (I'll show it on another post).  This time I persevered.  I finished the book and covered it using the steps outlined in the videos.  I'm pretty impressed with myself.  I think I'll make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment