April 6, 2012

Here is the book I made for Madeline on the Lego frame.  All the same materials as the yellow one for Gideon. This time I glued the fabric to a piece of paper.  This made it easier to get the wrinkles and bubbles without the glue soaking through the fabric.  Then, I could glue the paper down to the cardboard fairly easily and the corners were more cooperative.
Here is the worst of it.  I didn't glue the spine properly and the first signature separated from the others.  The book isn't going to fall apart.  You can see the cords and threads though.  I'm going to try to glue it and hopefully not ruin the pages.

I think this took 3 or 4 hours to finish (spread out over an evening and the next afternoon).

No comments:

Post a Comment