July 13, 2011

Mmmmmm Brownies!

So, my favourite dessert since childhood, is these brownies from the Mennonite Treasury cookbook.
1/2 cup butter melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
vanilla
3 tbsp cocoa
3/4 cup flour (I use whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking powder
Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl.  Mix the dry ingredients together.  Add the dry to the wet.  Pour into 8x8 pan (don't bother greasing it unless you skimp on the butter).  Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350F.
In this case I tripled the recipe and used bigger pan

  I usually double the recipe and bake it a little longer.  Sometimes I go easy on the sugar and butter, it doesn't affect the taste too much and it's less greasy.  I've even forgotten it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes longer and it gets a little hard around the edges, but doesn't burn. Some people put icing on it, but I never do.  It's quite fudgy and rich all on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment